This position has been evaluated as to whether a momentary lapse of attention may result in grave and immediate danger to the employee, coworkers, or the public. If the designation is yes, the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Act (AMMA) of 2016 will govern working conditions. If no, the AMMA will not apply to the position.
This position has been evaluated as to the mandated wearing of a company uniform during working hours.
Administers the GIS for the organization which includes creating data, applications, and tools for internal and external consumption using common programing languages and frameworks; administering the enterprise geodatabase; administering the GIS server and associated enterprise level GIS software; maintaining and updating desktop and web-based GIS applications; maintaining GIS integration with the associated enterprise asset management system; performing data maintenance in a RDMS; providing technical support and training to non-technical staff.
The pay range for this position is $46,296.00 to $85,978.00. Starting pay range for this position is between $46,296.00 to $66,137.00, depending on qualifications.
Examples of Duties
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
· Maintains GIS infrastructure including software upgrades, client software installation and configuration, map production, spatial analyses, and data updates.
· Maintains knowledge and expertise in use of Esri GIS products (ArcGIS Pro, Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Server, SDE).
· Trains and assists non-technical staff in the use of GIS software and customizations.
· Configures SQL Server and enterprise geodatabases for efficient data storage, editing, management, and retrieval.
· Configures and maintains GIS server and ArcGIS Enterprise deployment for most efficient operation.
· Creates GIS products using Esri’s various web GIS platforms (Experience Builder, Sites, Dashboards, etc.).
· Maintains GIS integration with CentralSquare Enterprise Asset Management.
· Assists in report generation using Crystal Reports and other database reporting tools.
· Follows established work procedures and practices.
· Follows safety practices and guidelines.
· Undertakes any reasonable request within capabilities that is for the good of the community and the utility.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Computer Science, or related field.
· 2 years of professional experience will be considered in lieu of education requirements at discretion of the department director.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Solid understanding of GIS fundamentals and concepts.
· Proficient in the use of Esri’s suite of desktop, web, and server-based ArcGIS products, such as, ArcGIS Pro, Portal for ArcGIS, and ArcGIS Online.
· Ability to read and interpret technical documentation to independently solve problems and perform analyses.
· Ability to plan projects and meet deadlines.
· Strong communications skills across a variety of media.
· Maintain a reliable home-based high speed internet connection.
· Available for occasional after-hours issues.
· Maintain a smart phone mobile device.
· Maintain valid Arkansas driver’s license.
· Experience using enterprise geodatabases and ArcGIS Enterprise.
· Experience with at least one relational database management system and writing SQLqueries.
· Experience developing reports using Crystal Reports or related software tools.
· Master’s degree in Geography, Computer Science, or related.
LRWRA’s MissionServing our community by protecting public health and the environment while leading the industry by reclaiming water for a more sustainable tomorrow. LRWRA’s Value StatementWe commit to exceptional service, integrity beyond reproach, respect for people, communities, and cultures with tangible and lasting results.LRWRA's Core ValuesCommunity Partnerships – We build community partnerships and provide public outreach regarding our “One Water. One Future.” Commitment. Embracing Change – We develop forward-thinking and creative solutions to enhance our processes, practices, and services. Excellence – We commit to providing exceptional service through professionalism in our words, actions, attitudes, and communication for the betterment of our community and environment. Integrity – We demonstrate the highest standards of morals, honesty, respect, and accountability for our results and actions. Inclusion – We value, solicit, and embrace the unique differences and perspectives of each employee. We are committed to a hiring process that reflects the diverse makeup of the community we serve. Safety – Above all, we are strongly committed to providing a safe environment for our employees. Teamwork – We embrace an environment where all voices are heard and respected through collaboration to achieve the overall best outcome.
Bradley Jones from LRWRA will be attending the Symposium and will be available to answer any questions.
Little Rock Water Reclamation Authority is looking for someone to fill the Enterprise GIS Specialist position we have open. Despite the title, the position will be responsible for the administration of the GIS for the organization.